Small Business Assistance
Links to work and business-related government websites that provide valuable assistance to employers and business owners in setting up their own business
Here are links to Federal and State government departments that provide information to help business owners set up and manage their new business. Many of these departments also provide marketing strategies, information about developing a business plan, and other important information you will need to know for your new business to be successful. The following list will also direct you to the departments responsible for maintaining the Australian Business Number register, registering an Internet domain name and registering for GST and other information.
- Office of Fair Trading of the Department of Commerce has starter kits for several types of businesses.
- Business Entry Point offers simple and convenient access to all the government information, forms and services you need. It's a whole-of-government service providing essential information on planning, starting and growing your business.
- New South Wales Government - Industry and Investment NSW
- Small Business NSW. The New South Wales Government information website for people starting, running or growing a small business. The information available on this site includes business advisory services, and information about planning and starting a new business in New South Wales.
- Information about running a business in New South Wales.
- Small Business toolkit.
- Small Business Resources - Entrepreneur Advice.
- Information about setting up a home-based business in New South Wales.
- Information about different business structures